After your portal is created, there are a few things we recommend you do before inviting clients. This document summarizes the 5 most important steps. They should take ~10-30 minutes to complete.
1. Test run
Before you invite your first real client, we recommend you navigate to CRM/Clients and invite yourself using another email. Use the name "Test Client" so you don't get confused. By doing this test run, you can familiarize yourself with:
- How client users are invited
- How Welcome messages work.
- What email notifications look like for clients.
- What your portal looks like for clients when they log in.
You should also feel free to send messages to this test client user, shares files, etc.. After you're done testing, you can delete the test client on the CRM page.
2. Customize your Portal
A customized portal ensures that you look professional to your clients.
- Navigate to Settings/Account and upload your profile picture. This makes client communication feels more personal.
- Navigate to Settings/Customization and update your icon, logo, images, and colors. These updates affect your portal and email notifications.
- Navigate to Settings/Messaging and customize the Welcome Message. This is the message sent to clients when they log in for the first time.
3. Complete your setup
- Navigate to Settings/Billing and connect your bank or Stripe account.
- Navigate to Settings/Plans and choose the plan that makes sense for you. You can read more about our plans here.
4. Marketing website
With Portal you can choose to connect an existing marketing website or create one with our marketing website builder.
I'm using my existing website
- Navigate to Settings/Module management and make sure the "Sign out link" is set correctly. This link specifies the URL that a signed in user is redirected to when they sign out. It should point to your marketing website.
- On your existing marketing website, add a button that links to your Portal sign-in screen. Most customers name this button "Client portal".
I'm using the Portal website builder
- Click on "Pages" under "Marketing website" on your sidebar and start customizing the pages of your website. You can replace all the placeholder content.
- Go to Settings/Marketing website for additional customization options. For example, you can connect an appointment scheduling tool.
Once you've gotten yourself familiar with how your portal and each of the modules work, you are ready to invite clients. You can invite clients manually or we can help you with client and data migrations.